Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Older grills

Here we have pictures of the first ribs I did on the grill.. Cooked them way too long, didn't pull of the membrane, and generally didn't take much time to figure out how to make ribs... So after they caught fire, I contemplated throwing them out and getting more.. But I didn't I just kept going. They definitely looked better at the end than they really tasted. I wish I had taken pictures of some of the ribs we tried after that.. Much much better. Boiled them first, then threw them on the grill. Have a few different techniques we have tried... I haven't made ribs in awhile actually.. HMM...

This was memorial day.. and this is only the red meats, once again, I wish I would have taken pictures of chicken.. there was probably 14-15 differently marinaded pieces of chicken on that grill. Over all it was one of the best grills we had.

On top rack, we have 4-5 little racks of ribs which weren't that great.. but they were definitely worth the try!

On grates, to left, we have the first and only (so far) brisket we have tried, I enjoyed it, and I think mostly everyone else did.


Lately I've been reading the Barbecue Bible's 'How To Grill', I suggest anyone with a passion for grilling, or even anyone who just likes to grill, go out and pick up this book. I've learned so many tips and techniques I don't think I ever would have known before now. So thus I created this blog, with the intent of taking pictures of everything I grill, and giving my own tips and tricks out, and hopefully receiving some as well. I am always open to suggestions, I love to hear different strategies!

How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques, A Barbecue Bible! Cookbook

This is the very first, just put together picture of my grill. Hadn't even been cooked on yet. That has all changed. I will take another picture now, specially with the modifications I have made and such since then. This is an amazing grill and I would suggest it to anyone. Who doesn't want the choice to cook gas, or charcoal, at any given time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment